The last 36 hours have been quite an ordeal, but everything has been worked out, and it actually turned out to be like a fun, sort of stressful and very exhausting mini vacation.
- While searching for parking in downtown Chicago (stressful enough on its own), the car died.
- Luckily, we were meeting my aunt and uncle, who helped us to a mechanic while AAA towed the car.
- Made it to the best concert ever. I loved every second. Especially those classic Stuart Murdoch moves ❤ .
- Stayed in Illinois for the night with wonderful aunt and uncle. Phoned building managers, who kindly agreed to feed our cats.
- Missed work. Spent the morning and early afternoon chatting, eating, and touring my aunt’s beautiful garden.
- Left with homemade zucchini bread, tomatoes, swiss chard, and SQUASH!
- Several hundred dollar car repair, left the city during rush hour.
- Finally home, glad to have shared this adventure with the love of my life.
- Thankful for all of the help, kindness, hospitality, and unexpected time.