Ah, breakfast. Is there anything more wonderful?
Toast (half almond butter and honey, half earth balance and raspberry jam), and half a pineapple, plus an un-photographed apple.
Over the weekend, my mom gave me a TON of fruit. 4 pineapples, 3 cantaloupes, 2 pounds of strawberries, and a bag of oranges. Fruit remaining: a few oranges and one cantaloupe. Greg and I are fruit fiends. Especially me.
I was seriously lacking salad fixings for lunch, so I had to improvise. Sometimes impromptu recipes turn out to be awesome.
Impromptu Black Bean Salad
- 1 cup unsalted black beans
- 1 large carrot, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 medium tomato, seeds removed and finely chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/4 c edamame, shelled
- 3 tbsp salsa, more or less to taste
Mix everything up in a bowl, and throw it in the fridge for an hour for maximum flavor.
Greg and I just booked a trip to visit San Diego in early May. So excited to see my new city!