I’ve been sick with a fairly nasty cold for the last few days. Yesterday was mostly spent lounging on the couch, but I did enjoy some amazingly good food. I can hardly imagine how good it would have been without all the congestion I was experiencing.
I’ve been gorging myself on all the melon I can get my hands on. Especially watermelon. It even matches my favorite bowl. 🙂
Then I had the extremely bright idea of adding vegetables to our oatmeal in the form of carrot cake oatmeal.
Carrot Cake Oats (for two)
- 1 c. oats
- 1 c. water
- 1 c. almond milk
- 2 small bananas, thinly sliced
- 2 small-medium carrots, grated
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp 2x vanilla
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1/4 tsp cloves (less of you’re not crazy about cloves)
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- raw pecan halves, for garnish
It may not look like much, but it really was lovely.
Since we’re no longer having our weekly frozen pizza night, Greg has been craving a “fun” meal to replace it. He didn’t really go for the whole wheat pita pizzas, but I think I may have found a winner this week!
Beastly Vegan Nachos.
- 1 bag blue corn chips
- 1.5 c. prepared TVP enchilada filling
- 1 c. prepared pinto bean dip
- 1 recipe vegan nacho cheeze sauce, divided (see note)
- 1.5 c. pinto beans
- 1 15oz can black olives, sliced
- 3/4 c. salsa, plus more for dipping
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 1 heart of romaine, shredded